Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Five: May Play Edition

"Mois de Mai", Tres Riche Heures du Duc de Berry

It's May! And it smells so good outside. I can close my eyes and remember the golden hours after dinner as the days grew later and later, and we got to play outside until called home. It makes me want to go outside right now and play!

Of course, not all of us are in the northern hemisphere... plenty of RevGals and Pals are experiencing a season that is turning cold and blustery.

So to all of you, wherever you may be, how will you (or would you like to) play this month?

1. Tell about your favorite outdoor play

I am a baseball/ softball girl. There is nothing like the feel of a bat connecting with a ball in that sweet spot that sends it flying... I have incredibly fond memories of being covered with that red clay dust at the end of a great softball game.

2. Tell about your favorite indoor play

I love word games, and of those, Scrabble must be my favorite. In recent years I discovered the game Cathedral, and have spent many happy hours at that.



3. Tell about a game you (or your friends) created

When I was 5 my friend Mary Kate and I created the Pixie game. We created Pixie dust, sprinkled it all over ourselves, and tried to fly by jumping down a flight of stairs. (Too bad the Pixie "dust" was made of flour, sugar and water.  Mom wasn't too happy about that.)

4. Tell about a game that is new to you

I love "Words with Friends," but, sadly, my  aging computer won't load it any longer. New Favorite: "Draw Something."

5. Tell how you would like to incorporate play into your workday

My friend Janet has tons of little mechanical toys on her desk. I think this is a great idea... a little stress reliever, something to laugh with when folks drop in, and decorative too.

No comments:

Post a Comment